Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Statement
Herbert & Partners are a RIBA Chartered Practice and is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our employees. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly inclusive to all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give their best.
We are a practice that treats our clients with respect and seeks to provide solutions that are relevant to their needs and requirements.
To that end, the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, gender reassignment, marital status (including civil partnerships), race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation. Herbert & Partners commitment is to:
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Draw on the diverse talents of our staff to provide the best possible solutions to our clients.
- Entitle every employee to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Make training, development and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- Review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Regard breaches of our equality policy as misconduct that could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- Monitor and review the policy annually.
The Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Statement – approved on behalf of the Directors of Herbert & Partners (Architecture) Limited, by Sean Lacey, Managing Director, 14 January 2022.