Environmental Statement – Our Worplace
Herbert & Partners are a RIBA Chartered Practice and is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Herbert & Partners will:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner, such as by working electronically wherever it is safe and secure to do so while ensuring that all key information is fully and securely backed up.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable, or refurbished equipment, products, and materials where these alternatives are available, economical, and suitable.
- Ensure responsible disposal of remaining unavoidable waste.
- promote efficient use of space heating/lighting, equipment, materials, and resources including water, electricity, raw materials, and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly.
- Include energy efficiency as one of the selection criteria when purchasing new equipment.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored, and disposed of.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop, and maintain appropriate emergency response programmes.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Strive continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
- Use public transport in preference to travel by car wherever it is possible and effective to do so.
The Environmental Statement – Our Workplace – approved on behalf of the Directors of Herbert & Partners (Architecture) Limited, by Sean Lacey, Managing Director, 18 January 2023.