Environmental Statement – Our Designs
Herbert & Partners are a RIBA Chartered Practice and recognise that the products of our designs will have far more environmental impact than our own operations. Therefore, we are further committed to exercising our professional skills in such a way as to minimise environmental impact in so far as this is possible within the instructions received from our clients.
Herbert & Partners is committed:
- To raise the awareness of clients about sustainability and environmental protection and help the members of the design team to develop a shared vision of environmental aspirations.
- To ensure as far as possible that building projects are supported by a travel plan that promotes sustainable travel choices through public transport and cycling provision.
- To assess sites for their ecological value and microclimate, and ensure buildings make best use of the natural features of the site including sun, wind, and landscape.
- To ascertain the potential for local power generation from renewable energy sources locally or on site.
- To ensure that biodiversity is protected or enhanced.
- To make best use of orientation and shape to reduce the need for artificial forms of air conditioning and ventilation.
- To operate a ‘right-first-time’ culture (through our QM system) for our production information in order to avoid wasteful site reworking.
- To ensure that building services are inherently efficient and controllable, and that metering encourages monitoring and management of resource us.
- To ensure that buildings are commissioned fully before handover, and that full operating manuals are provided.
- To support clients in the first few months of operation by providing on-site training and advice to ensure that systems are fine-tuned and operate in accordance with the design intent.
The Environmental Statement – Our Design – approved on behalf of the Directors of Herbert & Partners (Architecture) Limited, by Sean Lacey, Managing Director, 18 January 2023